Table of Contents
- 1 If your website is not ranking, try these proven 5 ways to get organic traffic without ranking your website
- 2 What is SEO and How it Relates to Organic Traffic?
- 3 How Are Your Web Pages Converting?
- 4 Why is SEO important?
- 5 Key Takeaways for Gaining more Organic Traffic
- 6 Know The Non-performing Content
- 7 Keyword Opportunities for Ranking Better on Google
- 8 Optimization For Higher CTR and Organic Rankings
- 9 Blogs For Improving Ranking Keywords
- 10 Dominate The Featured Snippets for More Organic Traffic
- 11 Afterword for Organic Traffic and Website Ranking
If your website is not ranking, try these proven 5 ways to get organic traffic without ranking your website
It takes hard work to get organic traffic but you can get traffic without ranking your website. This is important for startups and new websites.
SEO is a long-term game, and it is a very dynamic industry. To get more traffic to your website, you should know about the emerging technologies and latest trends. SEO will help you to turn the tables and enhance your reach and business. Also, it is almost impossible to attract traffic to your website without SEO.
The whole idea behind SEO or Search Engine Optimization is to attract organic traffic to a website. Various strategies will help you to boost your SEO score organically. In this post, we will discuss five such ways, so make sure that you keep scrolling.
What is SEO and How it Relates to Organic Traffic?
Search Engine Optimization or SEO can be explained as the process of improvising a website to improve its visibility for related searches. The more the website is visible, the more traffic will be profitable for your business.
“Good SEO work only gets better over time. It’s only search engine tricks that need to keep changing when the ranking algorithms change.” – Jill Whalen.
SEO is an essential component of digital marketing because millions of people use Google every minute to search for something. Search is one of the primary sources of digital traffic. The search results have evolved to give more direct information to the users.
This ensures that the viewers stick to your website for a longer period rather than shifting to other sites. To understand the meaning of SEO properly, it is important to break down its definition:
The first thing concerned with SEO is the quality of the traffic. It is easy to attract all viewers to your website, but getting the right quality of viewers is more important. Therefore, one should focus on attracting such viewers who can become your customers. Only when you attract quality customers to your site will it become more profitable to your business.
The next thing to focus on is the quantity of the traffic. The more traffic, the better it is. One of the most important factors is the organic results. Although ads account for many Search Engine Results Pages or SERPs, it is unnecessary to pay. With correct strategies, one can gain traffic organically.
Thus, once you figure out how to draw traffic organically, you will benefit from it. But you should know that consistency is the key here. No matter which strategy you choose, you should have patience and remain consistent.
How Are Your Web Pages Converting?
Do you want to see all your analytics on a dashboard?
Why is SEO important?
If you are still wondering why SEO is so important, let me break it down for you. Visitors click on 70% of organic traffic vs paid search traffic.
While most business owners go for paid ads to attract more traffic, it is not a necessity. Moreover, websites that organically drive more traffic appear more credible and attract more people. According to research, merely 2.8% of viewers in the United States click on the ads.
SEO is one of the most effective marketing channels that will prove fruitful for a longer period. If you are using the right strategies, you gain 20 times more traffic opportunities than the PPC on desktop and mobile.
Organic searches attract around 51% of the total web traffic and 40% of the total revenue. Thus, optimizing the website helps give better content on the search engines to be displayed and indexed on the search results.
Key Takeaways for Gaining more Organic Traffic
Here are some key takeaways before we move on to the strategies of gaining organic traffic to the website:
- The first thing you should keep in your mind is that SEO is an ongoing process. It never stops; therefore, you will have to work on the strategies for better results continuously.
- The content on the website is very crucial. After all, it is the content on your website that you will be optimizing. Therefore it is important to have high-quality content. It would help if you did not focus on the quantity of the content but the quality. Have few but valuable and high-quality contents. This practice will help your website in the longer run.
- Consistency is also an important factor that you should focus on. You will have to keep creating and uploading content regularly; however, make sure to not compromise on the quality of the content.
Now let’s move to 5 unique strategies to gain organic traffic on your website:
Know The Non-performing Content
“Google only loves you when everyone else loves you first.” – Wendy Piersall.
Non-performing contents are those content that does not help the website achieve its marketing objectives. The marketing objectives of the website are generally gaining organic traffic. Non-performing content can reduce the chances of getting traffic to your site.
If your website has too much non-performing content, the search engines will abandon the site. Thus the very first thing you should do is to identify this non-performing content and then eliminate it.
Good content will rank better in the SERPS, and the chances of getting more organic clicks will increase.
This brings us to a fundamental question on how to identify and eliminate these non-performing content.
The best way to identify non-performing content is to run a content audit.
After identifying the non-performing content, you can choose to follow any method:
- Refresh the on-page SEO of low-performing but high-quality blogs. You can optimize the image ALTs and meta tag SEO to rank better in SERPs.
- Redirect the traffic to related high converting pages from low converting ones.
You can run a content audit once in a few months to ensure that non-performing content is not swaying away traffic from your site.
Keyword Opportunities for Ranking Better on Google
If you think that you have a very good keyword strategy, think again. Even a very good keyword strategy has flaws in it. Relevant keywords emerge every time. Inserting the product features gives new keyword opportunities.
However, incorporating the keyword opportunities into the strategy is time-consuming.
However, you should not only accept this keyword strategy. Thus it is essential to identify the opportunities and then convert them into keyword strategy iterations. This will help to improve the website’s visibility and traffic.
The key lies in finding the keyword opportunities. This can be done using complex tools. You can plug the relevant keyword into the difficulty keyword. This will help in pulling the relevant keyword opportunities. You can then sort it to get the popular words.
After that, you should filter the words that are out of your website’s competitive power. Then it would help if you mapped the keyword opportunities’ search intent. You can do this by simply Googling it and then analyze which content ranks better.
Optimization For Higher CTR and Organic Rankings
The third strategy on our list is optimizing the higher CTR. You will win the battle of organic searches only when you will lure the viewers into clicking on your site rather than your competitors’.
- CTR or click-through rate has a twin benefit. You will first lure the viewers away from your competitors’ site to your site. Competitive traffic will naturally increase the traffic to your website. Next, search engines will receive positive signals from your site.
- Thus this strategy focuses on improving the CTR. Before moving any further, you should know that one action will not boost your CTR. Instead, you should have a holistic approach and then follow these steps:
- Firstly you will have to identify those content that has a low CTR. You can find this using the Google search console. Keep in mind that pages with high performance but low CTR represent the best opportunity for optimization.
- As per the priority list, build SEO-friendly meta titles. Your keyword list can be made by making the title more engaging or using the target keywords earlier. One of the most influential factors in the Click Through Rate is the meta descriptions. You will have to include the exact keywords and a clear call to action. Besides, match the search intents as well. Once the optimization is done, track as well as monitor the changes in the click-through rate.
Blogs For Improving Ranking Keywords
One of the quickest methods to increase the keywords is blogging. Blogging allows representing your product or services to people who are searching for relevant information.
Blogging is also beneficial for the B2B marketing and marketing funnel. Blogging is very effective in drawing organic traffic to your website. However, drawing traffic to your site through blogging is not that easy. It requires a lot of time and effort. Besides, it also gives slower results as compared to other strategies.
If you have a list of targeted keywords, divide them into transactional and informational search intent. In case you don’t have any keywords, you should spend some time doing keyword research. Now categorize your keywords by. A buyer persona, pain point, or volume.
Finally, create a content calendar based on the keywords you have found earlier.
Dominate The Featured Snippets for More Organic Traffic
A few years ago, Google introduced something called the ‘featured snippets. There is a focus to answer the question of the searcher on the results page itself. In short, the viewers will not have to leave Google to get the information they want.
Small content and structure are essential to get organic traffic with the featured snippets. By doing so, you can even push your competitors down, thus allowing you to gain more brand exposure.
However, it all boils down to one question- how to feature in the featured snippets? There is no way that one can request to get featured. However, you can follow these tricks to increase your chances of getting featured:
- Insert high-quality and SEO-optimized pictures in your website.
- Identify those keywords that will generate featured snippet results. It would help if you emphasized snippet-friendly keywords—these keywords questions related to how, when, and why. The content in your site must answer the questions earlier. It is also important to structure the content properly. Repeat the question in the subheading. Then try to answer the question directly under the question.
- The next thing that you can do is to drive clicks by formatting the steps into steps.
Although it will take some time, this strategy will help your website in the long run.
Afterword for Organic Traffic and Website Ranking
There isn’t one solution that will magically draw traffic to your website. You have to work on a couple of strategies and see what works the best for you. All of these strategies will help you in the long term, provided you are following them correctly. You will have to experiment a bit.
Remember that every website or business has its tactics on how it can gain traffic. However, it is not necessarily what works for everybody works for you as well. After some trial and error, you will indeed find your grounds and gain growth, stable and continuous traffic to your website.
Meghna Lal is a successful digital marketer with expertise in search engine optimization, creative writing, and content marketing. She has helped many small and medium-sized businesses craft digital marketing strategies that are cost-effective and deliver outstanding results. Currently, she is doing freelance writing for SEO Experts India, a leading SEO Services Company in India