Table of Contents
- 1 Marketing Pest Control and Lead Generation Goes Across Vertical Industries
- 2 1. Create Your Pest Control Website
- 3 2. Focus on Optimizing Your Search Terms
- 4 3. Claim You Local Pest Control Listings
- 5 4. Create a Pest Control Blog
- 6 5. Email Marketing for Pest Control Lead Generation
- 7 Marketing Automation Guide
- 8 6. Good Call-to-action
- 9 7. Content Marketing
- 10 8. Work With a Lead Generation Expert
- 11 Wrap Up on Marketing for Pest Control Franchise
- 12 General FAQ’s
Marketing Pest Control and Lead Generation Goes Across Vertical Industries
For a pest control company, you want phone calls from potential customers with pest problems, who are exclusive leads that should only be served by nobody else but you.
It’s called lead generation, which means getting more people to engage with your business and become paying customers. But how do you increase your lead?
In this post, you’ll learn some pest control marketing tips for lead generation, so you can make your business thrive and succeed.
1. Create Your Pest Control Website
First impressions matter, and one of the best ways to make a mark is to create your Pest Control website. By doing so, people can interact with your business.
But do accomplish this goal, you have to create a great website like top pest control companies do with intuitive navigation, value-building statements, and engaging, high-quality imagery.
Once you have a website in place, you can leverage experts, such as those from augiewildlife.com, so you’ll be provided with a consistent source of leads and high sales, which helps drive your business growth.
It should also include the following elements:
- Online scheduling capabilities
- Resources such as a blog and a pest library
- Customer portals
- Proof of awesomeness (such as reviews and affiliations)
- A search function
- Links to social media sites
2. Focus on Optimizing Your Search Terms
If you have a pest control company that provides residential, commercial, and industrial pest control services, optimizing your search terms for your website is important. You can get search term ideas from the pest control services you offer, such as general pest control, termite control services, rodent control, bedbugs management, cockroach control, ant control, etc.
If you want to connect and engage with the right audience, you’ll be interested to know the best keywords that contain the term Pest Control that most online users search for on search engines, like Google.Â
What’s the best way to do it without getting too overwhelmed and achieving the best marketing outcomes It’s through using a Keyword Tool, bringing you an extensive Pest Control keywords list.
Here are the most popular free keyword tools:
- Google Keyword Planner: It’s a free Google Ads tool used for building Search Network campaigns, searching for keywords, and determining how a list of keywords perform.
- Google Ads Display Planner: This keyword tool is no longer available as a stand-alone. The features of Google Ads Display Planner have been incorporated into the Google Ads experience. It simplifies the processes of ad campaigns by eliminating using a different tool to complete tasks.Â
- WordStream’s Keyword Tool: The free keyword tools and resources of WordStream for PPC and SEO are specifically designed to help marketers with keyword grouping, keyword suggestion, keyword analysis, negative keyword discovery, and long-tail keyword research, drawing from a trillion-keyword database that goes beyond that a typical free keyword tool offers.
3. Claim You Local Pest Control Listings
Local listings make up the lifeblood small businesses, including pest control companies. Your presence and consistency in major local directories and listings is one factor to consider to have a successful pest control marketing strategy. By doing so, people will know that your pest control company is legitimate and trusted. You want to get more customers for your business.
Here are the major local directories you can claim your local listings:
Google My Business
- Add your pest control business listing via Google My Business by signing in to your Google My Business.
- Next, sign in or create your Google Account and click ‘Next.’ Make sure to sign up using your business email domain by entering your business name.
- Enter your business address and position a marker on your branch location. -Listing the area is advised if you don’t have a particular physical location and click ‘Next.’
- Select if you want your pest control business location to be displayed on Google Maps.
- Visit the homepage of Angie’s List Business Center and click on Claim Your Profile.
- You’ll be presented with the form wherein you need to enter your business name and the zip code of your address to search your business and click on search.
- You’ll be presented with a search result table and select your business name by clicking the select button. If you can’t find your business, add your pest control company and click on Add Company.
- Set up your account if you haven’t created one yet. If you already have one, simply sign in and click on Submit and check the box.
Other Directories: BBB, HomeAdvisor, Yelp, Facebook, Thumbtack, and Porch
4. Create a Pest Control Blog
Modern consumers search online to get information, optimize their lives, and make them more confident in buying products and providing services, like pest control.
It’s possible to simultaneously satisfy homeowner cravings for information, turning them into leads and even lifelong customers. You can do it by having a pest control blog.
With a pest control blog, you’ll drive more traffic to your website, with the following pest control blog ideas:
- Create a DIY Section or Tutorial: Help your target audience resolve their pest problems with DIY control articles and tutorials.
- Create a Pest Identification Chart: It’s a helpful chart people can use as a reference when facing pest issues, helping them identify the pest infesting their home or office building.
5. Email Marketing for Pest Control Lead Generation
Digital marketing methods can be used by a pest control company to help garner new leads, including email marketing, which enables connecting with leads seamlessly.
Emails can be sent to these leads to catch their interest, providing relevant information to your target audience so they can take the next steps and convert visitors to paying customers.
But, how do you make the most out of email marketing?
Check out the following tips to help your pest control business create an effective email marketing campaign:
a. Build a Subscriber List
Your email list subscribers make an essential aspect of your email marketing campaign. These people are interested in knowing more about your pest control services.
It’s crucial to build an email subscriber list. In this way, you have a vast pool of potential leads interested in reading your emails about your pest control services.
While companies are committing the mistake of buying an email subscriber list, there’s an uncertainty that the people’s names listed haven’t heard your business yet.
Paying a designated price and instantly gaining access to an email may sound great, but there’s a higher chance of your emails getting ignored or your emails ending up in a spam or being deleted. So how do you build your email subscribers’ list?
Place Email Sign-up Form:
Put email sign-up forms on your pest control website so that if people visit your site, they’re more likely to know more about your business and are more apt to subscribe or sign up for emails.
Integrating Email Form and Web Pages:
Integrate your email sign-up form on your pest control web pages. For instance, you can include a sign-up bar to the header, so it’s located at the top of the page, making it easy to identify and access. Also, you can add one in the footer so that if the user scrolls down, a sign up is readily available if more information is required.
Pop-up Email Sign-up:
One example of an email sign up format is pop-up, in which an email sign-up box appears when a user gets to a specific web page. It allows you to put the email sign-up box right in front of your target audience.
Social Media Pages:
While your website is an excellent medium for gaining email subscribers, your social media pages can entice social media followers to sign up for your pest control email list.
Marketing Automation Guide
Could your marketing efforts use a little kick? Are you looking to capture more leads, convert them to sales, and score more revenue? Itâ€™s time toÂ get in the game with marketing automation.
b. Audience Segmentation
Once you use email marketing, it’s not impossible to get different subscribers. That’s why segmenting your audience is important. Remember that each individual joins your email list for a variety of reasons.
You don’t have to send general emails to everyone because some people will delete them since they’re not interested at all. Also, sending a lot of emails can be overwhelming for subscribers, making them decide to unsubscribe.
Here are some tips to segment your audience for effective lead generation:
- Segment your target audience in your email list and send relevant emails.
- Segmenting your audience can be done by considering their demographic data, behavior, and interests. Send certain email content to each group with topics that will ignite their attention the most to keep them engaged and happy. For instance, if the upcoming month is a peak time for termite infestation in a particular area, then send termite-related information on how to best manage these nuisance pests.
- Continue to send your subscribers pertinent information for them to convert.
c. Use an Email Campaign Program
You can track your email marketing campaign more effectively with the help of a program or software, enabling you to create several emails in one place and send them to the right audience segments.
An email campaign program provides you a record of the emails you have sent and who among your subscribers have received them. Most of all, it allows you to track your email marketing campaign results. You’ll be able to see who opened your pest control emails and who clicked on the links, as well as those who set up an appointment through your website form.
d. Test Different Pest Control Emails
A crucial aspect of email marketing is testing or trial and error. You’re going to send tons of emails about your pest control company and your pest control services, and as you track the email marketing results, you’ll realize that some emails don’t perform well.
Bear in mind that it may take some time to figure out the best email topics that resonate with your target audience.
Sometimes, you might think of a great email topic but tend to have a low impact on your audience. Many people might not act on your emails, so you need to try another approach to catch your subscribers’ attention.
Here are some tips when testing your emails:
- Try two different headings or two different images for A/B testing. Trying different email topics will help you understand your target audience better.
- Also, you can try two different email types, such as general email or sale email, to see which one best resonates with your target audience. A sale email would contain specific information about your pest control services, while a general email can be linked to a blog post.
6. Good Call-to-action
In marketing, call-to-action or CTA pertains to a marketing term designed to drive an online user’s immediate response or to encourage a sale.
A CTA uses words or phrases incorporated into advertising messages, web pages, or sales scripts that encourage online users to take prompt action.
Your pest control website should have a good conversion strategy with at least two of the following calls-to-action:
- Clickable Telephone Number
- Request a Free Inspection or Schedule an Inspection (text or form)
- Request Service (form or text)
- Email or special offer sign-up
7. Content Marketing
Your pest control website cab stand above the rest with a solid content marketing strategy. While SEO and digital marketing can be technical, content marketing is a vital area where you can show your creativity and get rewarded.
Your pest control team is an expert team that can eliminate destructive critters. With a great pest control content strategy, you’ll gain online authority and convert your visitors into leads and paying clients. Content marketing help generate leads. It’s a free method to unleash your brand’s power and boost your business.
Blog posts can generate leads from organic traffic and help engage your readers. That’s why creating quality content for your pest control website is important.
The essential web pages of your pest control website include your homepage and service pages, such as a termite extermination page, bed bug elimination one, rodent control page, and other similar web page content.
Here are some examples of the best pest control web content:
Frequently Asked Questions or FAQs:
You can select any topic on your pest control website, and you’ll find plenty of questions that property owners regularly ask. They tend to search for the right answers online.
You can search the most common questions about the pest control topics online and decide which questions are most relevant to your business and answer each on your service page in the form of FAQ content.
Create a checklist, perhaps one to help readers know whether they have a rodent infestation. This is an easy way to increase word count strategically significantly.
Make sure to add highly useful, engaging, and relevant content instead of randomly adding any information. Putting yourself in the situation of customers is essential to understand them better, and then you can create a checklist process they can follow.
Pest Control Library:
Creating a checklist for long-form pieces of pest control content on each type of pest is a good idea. You can place these pest control guides on your pest control website in a resource library, which provides readers and potential customers important information.
Tutorials or DIY Tips:
While you might want people to contact you to handle their pest problems, sharing your expertise through tutorials or DIY tips will surely be appreciated.
Through case studies, you’ll provide your pest control company with an excellent way to highlight your pest control’s real-world experience. Case studies show how you have successfully addressed challenges.
When creating content, link it to related and relevant pages and blog posts on your pest control website. It’s a strategic method to provide more authority and depth to your business. Also, it facilitates the ability of search engine crawlers to find deeper webpages on your pest control website to index.
8. Work With a Lead Generation Expert
If you want to focus on managing your staff, running your business, or satisfying your customers, hiring a lead generation expert is a good idea or a digital marketing agency that offers technology so you don’t have to do the work. Marketing automation platforms puts
Here’s how a lead generation expert can help you:
- Drive more leads, pest control appointments, and sales from search engines, such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
- Help build brand awareness by placing your Pest Control company name and logo in front of potential customers searching the internet
- Target thousands of search terms such as “noises in my attic,” “squirrel removal” or “remove raccoons” so that your Pest Control website appear on top search results. See the image below for details on this process.
Wrap Up on Marketing for Pest Control Franchise
By implementing the above mentioned pest control marketing tips to generate leads, you’ll attract more people to avail of your services.
Create a pest control website, claim your local listings, and use your blog to showcase your expertise, excellent services, and business legitimacy.
Draw in more leads to your pest control business using the right tools to optimize your website, most notably using the right keywords to high rank in search engine results and becoming more visible online.
Have something to say about your thoughts on pest control business marketing?
Are you not getting the results you had hoped for with your current marketing agency? Let the experts at this small business marketing firm help you generate more web traffic, convert more leads, and close more sales. Our team knows just what it takes to build and maintain a proven marketing strategy that drives high-quality leads. For more information, check out our marketing services or contact us to schedule a free consultation to discuss your needs and our services. Save up to 50% over your current marketing automation platform.
Why invest in digital marketing for pest control?
About 97% of consumers in the U.S. go online to find local products and services. If you want to connect with them and increase leads and sales, you have to meet them where they spend their time online.
What digital marketing services do you provide for pest control franchises?
Matrix Marketing Group provides full-suite digital marketing, SEO, website design, PPC, social media, email marketing, local SEO, analytics and tracking, video marketing, marketing technology, and branding.
Which online marketing services are best for my pest control company?
Most small businesses need website design, SEO, and PPC as core services. Beyond that, which services are best for your business depends on a few things, which may require an initial marketing audit of your site.
How do you generate leads for pest control companies?
Lead Generation for Pest Control Companies Use 3 Marketing Strategies:
1. Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of boosting your website’s rank in the organic search results.
2. Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising.
3. Social media marketing.
Connect with Your Customers
LEARN HOW SMALL AND MIDSIZED COMPANIES USE NEW DIGITAL MARKETING TECHNOLOGY AT THEIR CORE AND HOW THEY ARE WELL-POSITIONED TO COMPETE AND THRIVE.