Table of Contents
- 1 Small business SEO services help owners rank higher in search, drive more web traffic, and boost your lead quality.
- 2 A Quick Review on the Advantages of SEO Techniques
- 3 Factors Affecting On-Page Optimization
- 4 Keyword Targeting and Small Business SEO Services
- 5 Crawlers and Bots Accessibility
- 6 Social Media Shareability and Small Business SEO Services
- 7 Factors Affecting Off-Page Optimization
- 8 Non-Backlinking efforts
- 9 How does Google Assess you
- 10 Wrap up About Proven SEO Growth Techniques
- 11 General FAQ’s
Small business SEO services help owners rank higher in search, drive more web traffic, and boost your lead quality.
Small business SEO services can boost leads and sales. SEO is the best way to increase the visibility and searchability of your website.
Google search platform, which controls approximately 90% of the search market, answers more than 1 billion questions every day from people in over 200 countries and over 150 languages.
Ranking organically at the top of search engine results pages is a highly competitive and potentially fruitful business. small business leads and sales. Proven SEO growth techniques are just what small business owners want in their quest for more business.
SEO targets different kinds of searches on a website like an image search, video search, news, and vertical-specific search. 61% of the marketers make it their priority to improve the SEO of the website as a part of their inbound marketing plan.
Did you know that Google updated the search algorithm over 3,000 times per year?
Do you want to see results like these? You must either learn SEO yourself or hire someone to handle it for you. You can do it.
A Quick Review on the Advantages of SEO Techniques
- Helps optimize the website to make it user-friendly
- Increases your business visibility and drives in more customers
- Builds brand awareness and increases conversion rates
- Helps bypass the competition
- Influences the buying cycle
SEO strategies for both On-page and Off-page are ever-evolving and the criteria under which Google assesses your website is also constantly changing.
Marketers must use proven SEO growth techniques. They came up with a list of factors that can affect your SEO by following the pattern of these criteria.
Factors Affecting On-Page Optimization
Marketing Content and Small Business SEO Services
Content marketers develop a piece of content with the user experience in mind and search rank. They want the reader to find the web page through a search query and see the page title that matches what they were looking for.
Your website becomes uniquely valuable if most of the visitors find your page high-quality, unique and valuable. The content of a website should be impeccable to rank well on SEO.
Go beyond promoting your brand and add value to your target audience. This effort is greatly appreciated by Google.
Proven SEO growth techniques will boost your web traffic and get you more leads.
Excellent UX (User Experience)
The information you want to convey should be easily consumable. 52% of users say that the main reason they won’t return to a website is its aesthetics.
Here are a few ways in which you can align your UX with the SEO strategy.
- Define user goals and your website should align with user-focused design
- Should have brand communication consistency
- Establish a content hierarchy
- Follow common UX patterns that can resolve the usual UX problems
- Create a mobile-friendly optimized website
Keyword Targeting and Small Business SEO Services
A small business SEO service will help find and develop a strategy around head (buy terms) and long-tail keywords. Usually, small businesses often don’t do their keyword research. If they do they focus on primary keywords or direct keywords. But 50% of the searches are four words or more which is why long-tail keywords are more important.
To make our proven SEO growth techniques to work you need to have head and long-tail keywords. Not just buyer intent words.
Additionally, it can be difficult to outrank the existing competition when you use a primary or direct keyword. For example, if you have a floral business, your primary keyword might be ‘florists near me’ but a long-tail keyword will be ‘where to get white lilies for wedding decoration’.
- Content is not the only place where you can include these keywords. The importance of choosing the correct search terms and keywords for your SEO campaign will become even more vital with voice search.
- Including image alt tags for each image on your website, with the correct keywords will also help elevate your position on the results pages. Similarly, the title and meta tag of your website should also be keyword focused.
- The primary keyword should come in the URL of your website and also be a part of the title element. In the body of the page, primary keywords should appear 2X+ times and secondary keywords should appear on the headlines and body if appropriate.
Crawlers and Bots Accessibility
There are many technical aspects of the website that should be taken care of along with the design and content part.
To rank well in SEO you must:
- Maintain a static URL with no dynamic element
- The content should be unique in all the pages of your website
- The page should load directly as HTML and not post-load via AJAX, JS, etc.
- The website categories should be organized in such a way that it should not take more than 4 clicks to reach any given page
- If any page is temporarily unavailable or is under construction, status code 503 should be returned by the server
- Meta robot tag should be allowed for crawling and indexing
- Key page elements like meta tag and description should follow the defined character count
- The website URLs should be included in the XML sitemap files
Websites URLs see maximum shareability only through social media. Social media also increases brand awareness and content consumption.
- Make your URL as descriptive as possible to help the user understand the page they are taken to.
- Add sharing options for the social pages that best fit your business on the website itself. For example, if you are a retail store owner, you can have sharing options for Instagram and Facebook while if you run an auto repair shop and have a blog page, it can have Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook sharing options.
- Make sure the page has an inherent sharing value. More people should feel your content is valuable enough to re-share.
Multi-Device Optimization and Small Business SEO Services
It is essential to create a website that has an adaptive design. Read more about responsive vs adaptive website designs. Your website should render properly on all browsers and be legible and blur-free on all screens. Make sure it also employs the exact same URL when accessed from any device.
Proven SEO growth techniques will boost your web traffic and get you more leads but watch out for multi-channel vs. omnichannel. Do you know the difference?
If your website has a blog page, give credits to the author whether it be in-house or guest. This will increase the credibility of the blog as compared to a blog with no author or the brand name as the author.
The meta tag and description are vital for any website. Add primary or secondary keywords to the meta description and this description should inspire people to click on the website URL. The title tag or the meta tag can be written in the following format,
Primary keyword, Secondary Keyword | Brand Name
The optimal length of a title tag is 60 characters even though there is no exact character limit for it. Google typically displays the first 50–60 characters of a title tag.
Linking back to pages within your blog improves the value of the page in the eyes of Google. If you have a product page and a blog page, try linking back the blog article to the product page using anchor text.
Factors Affecting Off-Page Optimization
The off-site ranking factors affect SEO equally to on-page counterparts. Your business’s trust, value, and subject authority are determined by off-page optimization.
There are quite a few factors that will help you gain reputation and relevance like,
Building backlinks is a major off-page activity that is directly associated with the quality of your website. There are three types of backlinks that you should focus on.
Small business SEO services delivered over time will drive more high-quality leads and sales.
- Natural Links: They are organic links that are given by various online sources like blogs, social media and add merit to your quality content.
- Built Links: These are links that a business acquires through dedicated backlinking activity
- Self-created Links: These links are created by enrolling the business in directories and contributing to forums, press releases, etc.
When it comes to building links on your own, there are many ways you can go about it. But firstly, it is important to know the difference between a ‘do follow’ and a ‘no follow’ link.
A do-follow link lets both the search engine and the audience follow the link. This link has the maximum influence on the ranking.
A no-follow link allows only the audience to follow the link and tells the search engine not to follow your URL. This link has a considerable impact when it is at the top of a page and is the least effective when it is at the bottom. Google has recently said that they will consider no-follow links as an outgoing link but only if used contextually.
It is better to have a 70/30 ratio of do-follow to no-follow when building links to your website. This will help you maintain a balance that Google expects for every website.
Here are a few ways in which you can build quality links for your website,
- Contribute guest blog posts: Guest blogging is one of the proven backlinking strategies. Reach out to websites from your vertical that have better google ranking than your website. Getting backlinks from them will eventually increase your website’s ranking and credibility factor. Dedicate a resource who can work full time on shortlisting a list of websites, master the perfect way of communicating with them and write exemplary content that aligns with their blog. If you are currently in a liquidity crunch to afford a resource for this, you can always look for tailor-made financing options for your small business.
- HARO: Help a Reporter Out (HARO) is a backlinking strategy that can be a hit or not depending on your industry. Numbers do not matter in HARO. Answering a large number of remotely relevant or irrelevant questions is not going to help your ranking. Pick extremely pertinent questions for your business and answer them in the best way possible to create value to the reporter and leave a mark with them. If you want a backlink from these journalists to ask them directly. Journalists and reporters are always short of time and they can’t think of offering you a link, so it is always better for you to ask.
- Fix Broken Links: Fixing broken links is a backlinking effort on its own. There might be so many linkbacks that would have been lost only because of broken links and improper linking. You can use Google Analytics to easily find broken links by checking the links that trigger error 404 alerts. Check where these links are directed from and go to that particular page to fix the broken link.
These proven SEO growth techniques require an understanding of how they will help you and your time to implement the marketing strategy.
Social media marketing plays a huge part in any digital activity including SEO.
Create content that has the capability to go viral on social media and promote your website links along with it. This will increase the footfall of your website.
Social media is now fueled by influencer marketing and there is no reason to stop oneself from doing this even for SEO. The trustworthiness of your website can shoot up when an influencer mentions you; especially if it is organic.
Prompt replies to queries, reviews, and complaints prove that you care for customers. This will increase the trustworthiness of your business.
How does Google Assess you
We know that Google’s algorithm is complicated and is constantly changing. It uses a couple of algorithms called Panda and Penguin that will evaluate your website based on the above factors.
Proven SEO growth techniques require that you understand how the Google search algorithm works. If you don’t want to learn it you should hire an expert.
Google’s Hummingbird Update and Small Business SEO Services
The Hummingbird is an algorithm that focuses greatly on natural language queries. It focuses on the meaning of the content instead of looking at individual keyword meaning.
This algorithm will help take users to the most appropriate page as per their search.
Google’s Panda Update
Panda algorithm was first launched in 2011 to provide more relevant and quality content to the users. This algorithm is all about on-site content quality. Panda evaluates your site comprehensively and not page-wise.
If one of your pages has mediocre quality, your whole website gets affected. Panda algorithm has a checklist it has to tick off to assess your website. This list proves that Google does not algorithmically define the quality of your content but evaluates it on the basis of user likeability.
Thin content/low-value content and duplicate content are two factors that Panda will surely take into consideration while ranking your website.
Google’s Penguin Update
The Penguin algorithm was developed to find websites that have unnaturally created backlinks. The credibility of these websites is down in the eyes of Google. And in May 2021, ‘Google’s User Experience’ was inducduced.
Though Penguin was developed primarily to fight unnatural links, there are a few other factors it takes into consideration before ranking your website.
Keyword stuffing in your website, too many internal links, and deceiving users with wrong or hyped information are some factors that affect the algorithm.
Even if your website lags behind because of these algorithms you still have a chance to recover. Both these algorithms are reiterated by Google very often.
It re-evaluates your website every time the algorithms are updated. So, you can correct your mistakes and make your website ready for the next evaluation.
Wrap up About Proven SEO Growth Techniques
Search engine optimization might look like the most basic digital marketing activity for your business but it actually is the most difficult.
The rules, algorithms, and strategies are constantly changing and it is essential for you to be extremely dynamic.
Google releases new updates of these algorithms as frequently as once a month once. Make sure you are on top of these updates and change your SEO strategies accordingly.
As with life, there is no guarantee that these proven SEO growth techniques will work for you. But if you follow them you will see a boost in web traffic.
Are you not getting the results you had hoped for with your SEO firm? Let the experts at this Denver digital SEO marketing agency help you with marketing through SEO. Our team knows just what it takes to build and maintain a flourishing website that drives high-quality leads.
What is an SEO firm?
What is an SEO firm? An SEO firm extends search engine optimization services to organizations to help them improve their visibility online.
What is SEO in simple terms?
SEO (search engine optimization) is the science of adjusting, developing and tuning the content and code of a website and promoting that website on other sites throughout the web in ways that increase the chances of one or more of the pages of the website appearing in the search engine results pages (SERPS).
What is an SEO company?
What is an SEO Company? An SEO company offers search engine optimization services to businesses to help them improve their visibility online. Search engine optimization is the process of making changes to your website design and content to make your site more attractive to search engines.
What is SEO and how it works?
SEO is an acronym that stands for search engine optimization, which is the process of optimizing your website to get organic, or un-paid, traffic from the search engine results page. The search engine platforms will scan, or crawl, different websites to better understand what the site is about and its context.