Table of Contents
- 1 Pillar content can be seen as any long-form piece of substantive information.
- 2 Build Your Sales Funnel Right
- 3 The different types of benefits cornerstone content
- 4 Here are good examples of pillar content?
- 5 How do you write pillar content?
- 6 Here is an example of an internal organization with pillar content
- 7 When to use pillar page
- 8 Free Guide: The Definitive Guide to SEO in 2022
- 9 Key advantages of pillar content
- 10 Why is it important to have an effective distribution plan for all of your content?
- 11 Distribution plan – how will you distribute your pillar content?
- 12 How Are Your Web Pages Converting?
- 13 What is pillar content strategy?
- 14 What is the best way to create pillar content?
- 15 What are some examples of pillar content?
- 16 How do pillar content posts differ from standard blog posts?
- 17 What is pillar content in SEO?
- 18 What are some examples of cluster content?
- 19 Conclusion on pillar content
- 20 General FAQs
Pillar content can be seen as any long-form piece of substantive information.
Pillar content can be seen as any long-form piece of substantive information that has many derivatives. Examples include eBooks, reports, and guides.
Pillar contents are central to your online marketing strategy because they provide you with a way to directly interact with your audience by providing them with useful information.
This article will discuss the advantages of using pillar content to have a successful online marketing campaign.
There are benefits when having pillar pages for your business in your online marketing campaign.
These pillar page pieces deliver large quantities of qualitative data in infographics, white papers, or blog post content. There is no need to create new content for every campaign with pillar content because the pillar pieces act as the backbone of your campaigns.
Pillar page can be used in any aspect of your outsourced service marketing campaigns, whether for a blog post, an infographic, or a webinar.
The pillar content pieces create more opportunities to gather information from your audience that can be valuable when it comes to making strategic decisions about the future of your business.
That data is valuable and worth looking into since the pillar page can help you get closer to understanding what value means to your customers in terms of products/services they need and want while also offering some insights on how well you are currently delivering those same services.
Want to know what your site traffic should be and sales conversion.
Build Your Sales Funnel Right
Want to create a sales funnel that can help you close more deals, generate leads, and create a database of prospects?
A pillar piece needs effective distribution planning because, without this plan, there will not be engaged with the reader, diminishing its effectiveness as a lead generator.
A key part of any pillar campaign is knowing exactly where each pillar lives on the internet, how it should be marketed, and what you can measure to know if the pillar is effective.
Pillar content can be seen as any long-form piece of substantive information that has many derivatives.
When you’re using pillar content in your online marketing campaign, it can provide your blog’s main source of content.
When you use pillar contents, there’s the potential to produce rich media content because it has various derivative sections which can be broken up into different pieces.
This type of content is also written with the intention that it will be repurposed for different purposes. For example, you might repurpose your eBook for an infographic or video form.
The different types of benefits cornerstone content
- Can create richer content by connecting to the visual elements which are utilized in multimedia content
- It allows us to showcase our expertise in the industry
- It is easier to generate links back to our homepage when we use pillar contents
- It is easier to distribute content across channels like social media or email marketing campaigns when using pillar content because the audience only has one content to reference. This makes it simpler for them, and they can easily share it through their preferred channel.
Here are good examples of pillar content?
A great example is using videos to show readers how to do something or give them more in-depth examples on specific topics. This type of content needs to be updated regularly to stay relevant and not become outdated. This provides an excellent user experience because people will always have access to helpful resources.
- An ebook about pillar pages
- A report about pillar contents
- A guide on pillar pages
- Video pillar content – an ebook about pillar pages
- How To’s vs. How Not To’s (guide)
- Essential Tips & Tricks (eBook)
- A Guide On Email
How do you write pillar content?
There are several ways that you could go about getting started writing pillar content:
- One thing that you should consider doing before anything else is brainstorming all of the questions that your readers have been asking lately, either through emails, social media, or through your blog.
- From there, you want to figure out the common themes among those questions and try to develop specific solutions for those problems.
- You also want to spend some time researching how other companies have addressed these same issues so that you can provide an optimal user experience by providing readers with updated information as opposed to outdated content.
- The pillar pages must be substantive and informative on a particular topic, theme, or subject matter. It should also provide a large scope of information and be broken into many derivative sections, pieces, and materials.
- The pillar page should always be something that you can articulate in a couple of sentences. One way to do this is by breaking it into three main components: what the content consists of, who it’s for, and why they need it.
The following is about the importance of creating an informative document about your business:
I recommend creating one document that includes all the information about your business so that it’s easy to find when you need it.
This way, everyone in your team knows where to find the information that they need when it’s needed. You can create a guide about your business and what you do, who needs to know this information, and why they should care.
A good document would also include some key details like What makes a business successful? How does one get started? Where are the best places to advertise etc.?
These questions give more specifics on each derivative section while still maintaining the larger scope of the pillar page.
- an ebook about business with many derivatives on different types of businesses or starting a new company from scratch
- a report on why creating informative documents is important for your family and what kind of information you should include in them
- a guide on how to create informational documents that everyone in your family will be able to access when they need them most easily
- video pillar pages – an informative piece about all kinds of businesses with many derivatives like how to start one, what makes it successful, etc.
Here is an example of an internal organization with pillar content
The first section of the document should be an introduction to the business and what you do. Include some key details that people might want to know, like what makes your business successful, how you get started, etc. You can then include sections for different parts of your business like marketing, hiring staff, etc. Include examples of these directives so that readers can see how they work in real life. The last section should provide instructions on updating the document with new information as it becomes available.
When to use pillar page
Pillar pages should be used in your online marketing strategy to provide a comprehensive way to share information with your audience. When you publish content, it’s hard to know what is salient and relevant and not. A pillar content works to streamline this process by providing a focused location that can easily access.
Free Guide: The Definitive Guide to SEO in 2022
Proven strategies to help you get higher rankings in 2022.
Key advantages of pillar content
- It allows people who don’t want or need all of the permutations of your content to navigate around it more easily
- Pillar pages give you more control over your content by ensuring that everything is focused on one topic/theme/substantive piece of content.
- Expertise – if you have expertise in a specific thing, a document about the topic might be enough for you to give your readers.
- Informative – writing an informative piece of content that answers specific questions is a good way to use pillar page because it allows you to answer the most relevant questions about one topic in one place instead of having them spread out across multiple pieces.
- Easier for people who don’t care about every single derivative or permutation or variation of information on your subject/topic/theme
You’ll be able to provide all the necessary details in one place, and everyone will know where to find this information should they need it.
Why is it important to have an effective distribution plan for all of your content?
Pillar pages are a tool that, when utilized strategically, can help you get the most out of your content marketing. It’s important to have an effective distribution plan for all of your content because it will allow you to share the content with your target audience in the way they prefer.
For instance, if someone doesn’t want to read through a word-heavy document, they will likely prefer a video or infographic on the same subject. Additionally, having different pieces of content on one subject will help get around any restrictions on certain specific types of content. This way, no matter what type of content is being restricted by social media algorithms and the like, you’ll still be able to get your information out there.
Distribution plan – how will you distribute your pillar content?
You must have an effective distribution plan for all of your content because then people can access whatever they want in whatever way is most convenient or helpful to them. This might include having a few different types of derivative pieces such as videos, infographics, quizzes/surveys, etc., so that no matter what type of content someone prefers, they’re more likely to find something useful from you.
What does a good blog post consist of? How do I know if my blogs need work? How many keywords should I put in my blog? These questions give more specifics on each derivative section while still maintaining the larger scope of the pillar page.
- A good blog post consists of a subject or theme that is interesting to your target audience, an informative piece about it, and added value by way of original research/insights/quotes, etc.
- Knowing if you need work – look at your stats (number of hits), number of shares / social media reach/engagement (likes + comments), etc.,
It’s important to have keywords and make sure they don’t come off as spammy because search engines will penalize your search engine rankings! Having keywords isn’t enough these days; Google now wants unique content from every website it deems worthy of ranking.
- Blog post – what’s a blog? How do I write one? What should my pillar page consist of, and why is that important, etc?
A pillar page is a content type that consists of a post with a longer word count.
These posts tend to be more in-depth and answer questions or problems that emerge. It takes more time to create this content, but the result is usually worth it. To get started writing a pillar page with cluster content, you’ll need to have an outline of the guide.
How Are Your Web Pages Converting?
Do you want to see all your analytics on a dashboard?
What is pillar content strategy?
- Start by brainstorming what kinds of questions your readers have been asking
- You need topic clusters in your plan
- Figure out what the common themes are among those questions
- Now, try to come up with specific solutions for those problems
- Spend some time researching (and cluster content) how other companies have addressed these same issues
What is the best way to create pillar content?
I would start by brainstorming all of the questions that your readers have been asking. From there, you want to figure out the common themes among those questions. Once you have identified those themes, work on coming up with specific solutions for those problems.
Finally, spend some time researching how other companies have addressed these same issues. This way, you can provide your audience with the most up-to-date information possible.
What are some examples of pillar content?
Some good examples include using videos to show readers how to do something or give them more in-depth examples on specific topics. This type of content needs to be updated regularly to stay relevant and not become outdated. This provides an excellent user experience because people will always access helpful resources even if they can’t see the post right away.
How do pillar content posts differ from standard blog posts?
Pillar page is a type of post that typically has a longer word count than regular blog posts due to their more in-depth nature.
They are also usually written to answer questions or solve common problems amongst readers rather than just providing helpful tips on topics they may be interested in learning about.
These types of blogs tend to take more work but are worth it because not only will people who read them benefit from the resources provided, but it keeps you looking like an authority figure and improves SEO rankings as well!
What is pillar content in SEO?
Pillar content is a type of content that consists of pillar posts with a longer word count. pillar content types are typically written to answer questions or solve problems that readers have. pillar page types take more time to create but the result is usually worth it because pillar page improves SEO rankings and makes you look like an authority figure.
Cluster content is a type of content that consists of cluster posts with a shorter word count. These types of posts consist of one or more central topics and passages.
It is usually ranked in the top tier for search engines, which means it can be found through searches even when not included in incremental search results. Cluster content provides an engaging user experience by grouping related information together on one page.
What are some examples of cluster content?
Some examples include using lists to organize information related to one topic, using infographics to provide detailed information about one subject, or including videos that demonstrate how to do something or give readers more in-depth explanations on specific topics.
Conclusion on pillar content
Pillar content is a type of marketing that will not bring in quick sales or leads but build on your brand and show people who you are as a business.
Pillar content results in increased search engine rankings and improved traffic on the site, leading to more conversions for your marketing. Pillar pages are usually evergreen and educate people on an issue, and it’s usually evergreen.
The truth is, while some businesses know they need to invest in their online presence, many are still confused about why and how they should be doing so. If this sounds like you, don’t worry! We’re here to help.
Pillar pages should show the reader why they need your product, how it will benefit them, and what flaws or issues they may experience without you.
Pillar page should keep people reading by including entertainment such as a thought-provoking story or article about a real-world situation. Pillar content can also feature user-generated submissions, leading readers to submit their questions – when answered, these submissions will become new pillar pieces for interested readers!
Our team at MATRIX Marketing Group specializes in helping businesses just like yours understand the importance of content marketing and develop an effective strategy for implementing it into your business model.
From creating engaging blog posts to developing social media strategies that get results, we’ve got you covered! Contact us today to learn more about our services or request a free consultation with one of our experts today!
What does pillar content do?
Pillar content is a pillar in the overall success of any given business and marketing strategy. Pillar content builds authority and trust with your target audience, which can result in conversions. Pillar page helps to create credibility with your site visitors, who will then associate these attributes with your company when they think about buying from you in the future.
Why pillar content?
Pillar content is a pillar in the overall success of any given business and marketing strategy. Pillar content builds authority and trust with your target audience, which can result in conversions. Pillar content helps to create credibility with your site visitors, who will then associate these attributes with your company when they think about buying from you in the future.
How can pillar content increase sales conversions?
Pillar content can be used in many different ways in an attempt to increase sales and conversion rates. Pillar content needs to be well-written and extensively researched so that it is believable and trustworthy.
Who should publish pillar content?
Pillar content should be published by anyone who wants to increase their SEO rankings and build reader trust in their company. Pillar content can hold a lot of weight and influence search engine ranking. It is thought-provoking and educational for your targeted audience. Pillar content can also help you with customer retention when looking at many avenues such as social media, blogs, or email marketing campaigns.