Sales Development Representative
Job Title: Sales Development Representative
Primary Function: Based on exciting new ‘Sales 2.0’ prospecting techniques focused on mutual business fit, research, and consultative discussion, create highly relevant sales opportunities.
Location: Burlington, VT
Are you looking to join a performance-based software company and build a career in sales and marketing? Do you want to build a career in sales but love working in the software industry? Are you looking for a company that will invest time in your development, support your professional growth, and listens to your ideas?
If the answer is yes to the above, you may have found your dream job, and we may have found our dream hire!
Matrix is looking for a super-talented individual to join the team.
What sets the great Sales Development Representative (SDR) apart? They’re great at making the first contact.
One strategy that top SDRs use is customer research. Customer research breaks down into 2 categories:
- Market research
- Individual prospect research
- MQL => SQL
Market research is the process of defining a target audience. It’s pinpointing the ideal customer and knowing what problems they have that you can solve. This information guides SDRs in their outreach and conversations.
Individual prospect research is the process of learning about a specific lead. Preparation gives confidence and shows prospects that the SDR has taken the time to understand them. It builds rapport and credibility.
Social media sites like LinkedIn make it easy to do research. These sites give information about the business and the prospect’s role and responsibilities. Beyond social media, a Google search gives newsworthy information about their business, and a visit to their website fills in any holes.
Matrix is a performance-driven software company that delivers predictable revenue growth using industry models and marketing and sales technology. The main offices are in Burlington, Vermont, and Denver, Colorado. Our long-term vision is to change how marketing is approached in organizations worldwide, leading to transformational change for our clients, from the bottom line to their impact on the software industry.
To achieve this, we need to build an amazing team. Here’s where you come in…
The Sales Development Representative will help generate new business opportunities by following proven processes to prospect into business accounts. You’ll learn how to identify and research lists of companies to target and how to develop email, inbound, and telephone campaigns to generate new business opportunities.
The Sales Development Representative will conduct high-level conversations with senior executives about their business, their sales and marketing issues, and their marketing operations. The successful candidate will be a strongly self-motivated and driven individual who is goal-oriented, methodical, and tenacious and can effectively interact with a team. This position has advancement potential within the sales and marketing organization.
Sales Development Representative Key Responsibilities
- Learn and execute proven processes to generate new sales opportunities
- Strategize with top-producing sales managers
- Map prospective accounts around organizational structure, people, and existing technology
- Engage executives in targeted prospect accounts
- Orchestrate discussions with senior execs around their business needs
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects
- Leverage CRM tools to prospect into specific geographic territories and sectors
- A commanding desire to learn and succeed in tech sales
- 5+ years of sales or related market/business experience
- Candidates should have one of the following: software/SaaS experience, sales experience, or other related business experience
- CRM and marketing automation experience a plus
- The ability to write succinct, crisp emails and a great conversational manner
- A desire to do and achieve great things!
- Authentically curious, you love learning and improving yourself
- Integrity and trust are fundamentally important to you
- You want to make a real difference
- You are naturally entrepreneurial
- You are street smart